Lookout Mountain
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
This trip literally brought history to life for me!! I can't thank my professors, Tcc, and God enough to have been blessed with the opportunity to travel safely, with such great people, across the south and learn more than I've ever learned in a week! I've read books and watched movies but to be able to have tangible evidence marking where history was made is a whole new experience. I was able to stand where soldiers laid down their lives and I've seen what it looked like to live in civil war times as a civilian in the south. I've fallen in love with history in a new way. Many of these sites I definitely plan on returning to. I also plan on finding new landmarks to discover along the way! I would take this trip again without hesitation! These where places I didn't even know existed so I feel very fortunate to have made his journey across the south and through time :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.